"Do you try to eat rainbow? I love making my meals as colorful and vibrant as possible by filling them with plant-based, clean ingredients. To me, it’s the tastiest way to eat and it also makes me feel my best. A while back, my husband asked me to make a veganized version of a cobb salad and it has since become one of our favorite meals. It’s loaded with plant protein and the variety of textures and flavors in seriously amazing. My homemade cilantro avocado dressing (oil free) is the perfect match.!"
Recipe by @overorderingin
- For the “hard boiled egg”, take a block of extra firm tofu and slice it in half after pressing the liquid out. With one half, crumble it into a bowl. Add 1T vegan mayo, 1tsp garlic powder, 1T turmeric, salt and pepper and mix well.
- With the other half, add some garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix in about 1C vegan bbq sauce. Let it marinate while you prepare the other ingredients.
- For the coconut “bacon”, I used a recipe from @minimalistbaker but air fried it instead of baking it. Mix 2 cups large flake unsweetened coconut, 1T avocado oil.
- 2T tamari, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1T maple syrup, 1/2 tsp liquid smoke, 1 pinch sea salt, 1/22 tsp black pepper. Spread out bacon in air fryer and use the veggie setting (320F on the Simple Living Products air fryer) for about 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Dice a red onion, tomato and avocado.
- To make dressing, add 1/2 avocado, the juice of one lime, about 1C roughly chopped cilantro and a little salt to a blender. Slowly add water as you blend until it’s the dressing consistency you want...
- Air fry the bbq tofu on the veggie setting (320F) of the Simple Living Products air fryer for about 17 mins, flipping halfway through.
- Add mixed greens to a bowl and create your rainbow with all of your toppings.
Enjoy with the delicious homemade dressing! 😁