A traditional Christmas isn't complete without a well cooked, well seasoned bird as your main course.
This year, Erin AKA the recipe master behind @undercover.weightwatcher air fried a 5lb chicken for her family to enjoy! Erin used the Simple Living Products 5.8QT Stainless Steel Air Fryer to prep her golden brown bird.With no added heat to your kitchen, prepping dinner will definitely be a lot cooler.
The air fryer uses state of the art technology to surround your chicken or turkey with rapidly circulated heat to get that perfect crispy exterior and evenly cooked interior.
- Defrost your 5 pound whole chicken in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the giblets from the cavity, and discard them or use them for gravy.
- Rub the chicken with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and add generous amounts of salt and pepper.
- Place in your air fryer, breast side down. This will help keep it juicy.
- Add an onion, cut into eight pieces, and an apple cut into eight pieces, scattered on top, just for flavor.
- Roast for 50 minutes at 350°.
- Take the bird out and carefully turn it over so it is breast side up. Brush with 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Roast for an additional 10 to 15 minutes at 350°, or until the bird is a deep golden brown.
- Take it out of the air fryer and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving. 👌🏼🦃😋
Make your own air fried chicken or turkey using the recipe above or add your own twist! Don't forget to tag @simplelivingproducts and @undercover.weightwatcher in your holiday spreads for a chance to be featured.