Over Ordering in?
Are you just over ordering in? There's nothing like a home cooked meal! Try these simple air fried recipes by our friend Carly of @overorderingin featuring the Simple Living Products Air Fryer. First up..
Vegan Cobb Salad w/ Air Fried Coconut Bacon & Tempah
- For the “hard boiled egg”, take a block of extra firm tofu and slice it in half after pressing the liquid out. With one half, crumble it into a bowl. Add 1T vegan mayo, 1tsp garlic powder, 1T turmeric, salt and pepper and mix well...
- With the other half, add some garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix in about 1C vegan bbq sauce. Let it marinate while you prepare the other ingredients...
- • for the coconut “bacon”, I used a recipe from @minimalistbaker but air fried it instead of baking it. Mix 2 cups large flake unsweetened coconut, 1T avocado oil,
- 2T tamari, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1T maple syrup, 1/2 tsp liquid smoke, 1 pinch sea salt, 1/22 tsp black pepper. Spread out bacon in air fryer and use the veggie setting (320F in the Simple Living Products air fryer) for about 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Dice a red onion, tomato and avocado.
- To make dressing, add 1/2 avocado, the juice of one lime, about 1C roughly chopped cilantro and a little salt to a blender. Slowly add water as you blend until it’s the dressing consistency you want.
- I air fried the bbq tofu on the veggie setting (320F) of my Simple Living Products air fryer for about 17 mins, flipping halfway through.
- Add mixed greens to a bowl and create your rainbow with all of your toppings. Enjoy with the delicious homemade dressing! 😁
Vegan Bowl w/ Air Fried Tempah
- Slice tempeh into cubes and add some garlic powder to it. Cover it with vegan bbq sauce and air fry it on whatever the veggie setting recommendation is, flipping it midway through. I used my Simple Living Products air fryer. Add some more bbq sauce after cooking...
- Slice cauliflower into 1 inch “steaks” season with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika and grill it over med/high heat for about 5 mins on each side, checking doneness. Add some fresh lemon juice over when done.
- Bake a sweet potato in the micro or over and slice in half. I added a little bbq sauce to it too because yum.
- Create bowl by layering over a bed of mixed greens and add whatever fresh veggies you want. Enjoy!
Air Fried Sweet Potato Taco
- Sweet potato was cubed and air fried with a little salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika on the veggie setting of my Simple Living Products air fryer...
- I chopped up leftover grilled veggies (onion, asparagus, mushrooms and bell pepper and corn that I cook off the cobb.)
- I warmed a flour tortilla over med/high heat in a pan.
- Add lettuce, vegan coleslaw, salsa and guac and enjoy!
BBQ Tofu w/ Air Fried Sweet Potatoes
- BBQ tofu: press the liquid out of a block of extra firm tofu. Slice it into blocks. Make a mixture with about 1C potato starch and 1T garlic powder. Dip each piece in the mixture until fully coated. Then, dip it in your favorite BBQ sauce go coat. Once heated to med/high heat, grill tofu for about 4-5 mins on each side.
- Potato: dice sweet potato into bite size pieces and coat with garlic powder, salt and pepper and a little olive oil if you want. I air fried mine using these vegetable setting on my Simple Living Products air fryer, shaking halfway through.
- Steam Brussel sprouts until fork tender.
- Later everything over a bed of mixed greens with any other veggies and enjoy!
If you're like us and you're over ordering in, these recipes should do the trick. Be sure to tag @simplelivingproducts and @overorderingin should you recreate any of these.