"These Green Bagels are packed with vitamins, minerals, protein and and fiber thanks to spinach, Greek yogurt and chia seeds!A great added nutritional option for classic air fried bagels.
One bagel has 180 calories, 27 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 11 grams of protein, and is packed with calcium, iron, vitamin A and vitamin C."
Recipe by @prettynutritious
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 40 grams cooked spinach
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Salt and chia seeds for seasoning
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Add the spinach and sauté for about 1 minute or until its cooked.
- Combine spinach and yogurt in food processor and pulse until well combined and yogurt turns green.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix with a fork.
- Divide dough into four equal balls and roll out until each becomes a rope. Pinch ends shut to form a round circle.
- Brush tops of bagels with egg wash and sprinkle with whichever seasoning you like.
- Place bagels in Simple Living Products Air Fryer at 260°F for 15 minutes.
Here is an idea for these Green Bagels!
Combine 4 oz cream cheese, 1 tbsp chives, juice of 1/2 lime and a pinch of salt. Mix until creamy and well
combined. Spread over your green bagel and top with 1/4 of avocado, sprouts and a drizzle of olive oil!
What is your go-to bagel order?