- 1 head cauliflower cut in florets
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- canola or peanut oil, in a spray bottle
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup water
- white or brown rice for serving
- steamed broccoli
- Simple Living Products air fryer
- Set up a dredging station using three bowls. Place the cauliflower in a large bowl and sprinkle ¼ cup of the flour over the top. Place the eggs in a second bowl and combine the panko breadcrumbs and remaining ½ cup flour in a third bowl. Toss the cauliflower in the flour to coat all the florets thoroughly. Dip the cauliflower florets in the eggs and finally toss them in breadcrumbs to coat on all sides. Place the coated cauliflower florets on a baking sheet and spray generously with canola or peanut oil.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400ºF.
- Air-fry the cauliflower at 400ºF for 15 minutes, flipping the florets over for the last 3 minutes of the cooking process and spraying again with oil.
- While the cauliflower is air-frying, make the General Tso Sauce. Combine the oyster sauce, soy sauce, chili paste, rice wine vinegar, sugar and water in a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil on the stovetop. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the timer is up on the air fryer, transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl, pour the sauce over it all and toss to coat. Serve with white or brown rice and some steamed broccoli.
Source :- meredithlaurence.com