Hello again to our vegan and vegetarian friends. Did you know you can air fry tofu? No? Well let us be the first to report it is, it's delicious. It's difficult for some to get past the texture of this versatile protein. Air frying combats that problem and gives the square cubes a crispy crunchy texture that even the pickiest eaters can't deny.
Here's a recipe by Registered Dietician, Lindsay Smith of @eatoutloseweight for a yummy sesame tofu bowl.
- 1 block tofu
- White sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/16 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp @swervesweetie brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- Cut tofu into cubes and place in single layer in air fryer.
- Spray with cooking spray and cook for 375 F for 20 minutes until crispy.
- While tofu is frying, in a bowl add soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, water, cornstarch, brown sugar, and sriracha. Stir until well combined.
- Pour in a sauce pan and bring to low-medium heat. Continuously stir with a whisk as heating up and cook until it thickens
- Add tofu to sauce and toss until coated. Garnish with sesame seeds and add vegetables of your choosing