Are you ready for Christmas? Do you have all of your dishes lined up? Here's a little something extra (and easy to make) to add to your menu. PUMPKIN STREUSEL PIE 🥧 What's Thanksgiving without a great pie? Erin, the @undercover.weightwatcher, made this tasty pastry with her Simple Living Products Air Fryer and now you can too! With the recipe below, you can too!
- Spray a one cup capacity baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add ½ cup pumpkin puree, 2 tablespoons fat free milk, almond milk, or fat free evaporated milk, 1 egg yolk (or use the egg white if you are on green plan), ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, ½ teaspoon vanilla, pinch of salt, and 3 packets of truvia. Note: Pumpkin needs a lot of sweetener-and you could use real sugar, but adjust the points accordingly. Erin used SF sweetener in the pumpkin filling, but the REAL stuff in the topping.
- Stir until smooth. In a separate small bowl, add a scant tablespoon of flour, 2 tablespoons quick cook oats, 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs, 1 packed tablespoon brown sugar, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon melted light butter and mix well. (If you don’t have light butter, try using 1 teaspoon real butter and 2 teaspoons apple or orange juice.)
- Sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, in the air fryer for 15 minutes at 350, or until the edges are nicely set, but the center still has some wiggle to it.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before eating.
- Top with whipped cream.