1 hour 30 minutes
- All-purpose flour, for dusting the work surface
- 1 9-inch prepared pie dough, store-bought or homemade, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ounce button mushrooms (about 2), chopped
- ¼ cup small diced yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons small diced ham
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- ⅓ cup grated Gruyere, Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese
- Simple Living Products Air Fryer
- Dust your work surface with a bit of the flour and lay the prepared pie dough on top. Place an 8-inch plate face down on top of the pie dough and, using it as a template, cut around its edges to make an 8-inch pie shell. Discard the remaining dough and lay the formed dough into the Pie Pan. Make sure to fold the edges of the dough under itself, so that the folded edges sit on the rim of the Pie Pan. Crimp the edges of the pie dough to form a decorative edge to the pie dough. Line the pie dough using parchment paper and add pie weights or beans to the parchment paper to weigh the paper down.
- Place the formed dough shell with the pie weights into the basket of the Air Fryer, and then place the basket in the drawer and close it. Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, remove the drawer of the Air Fryer and remove the parchment paper and pie weights from the pie shell. Allow the crust to cool in the basket of the Air Fryer.
- While the crust cools, set a small sauté pan over medium heat and add the butter. Once melted, add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms are well caramelized, about 4-5 minutes. Add the onions and ham to the pan and cook until the onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and add to the baked pie shell. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg and beat with a whisk until well blended. Add the thyme and carefully pour into the pie crust, on top of the vegetables and ham. Sprinkle with the cheese and close the drawer of the Air Fryer. Set the temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit, and the timer to 30 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, reset for an additional 10 minutes. After the timer goes off again, carefully remove the quiche from the Air Fryer and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.