- 4 (1 1/2-oz.) whole-grain bread slices
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup flax seed meal
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 8 teaspoons pure maple syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Simple Living Products Air Fryer
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 long sticks. Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar in a shallow dish. Mix flax seed meal and remaining 3 tablespoons brown sugar in a second shallow dish. Dip bread pieces in egg mixture, slightly soaking them, and allow any excess to drip off. Dredge each piece in flax seed mixture, coating on all sides. Coat bread pieces with cooking spray.
- Place bread pieces in a single layer in air fryer basket, leaving room between each piece, and cook in batches at 375°F until golden brown and crunchy, 10 minutes, turning pieces over halfway through cooking.
- To serve, place 4 French toast sticks on each plate. Top with 1/2 cup strawberries, 2 teaspoons maple syrup, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Source :- cookinglight.com