- 1 C (120g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 C Granular Sweetener I used Swerve Granular
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 large Eggs
- 3/4 C (168g) Vanilla Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 C (60g) Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 3/4 C (120g) Fresh Blueberries if frozen, microwave 45-60 seconds first and expect slightly blue muffins
- 4 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese or 1/3 fat
- 1/4 C (56g) Vanilla Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 2 scoops (56g) Protein Powder I used Bowmar Nutrition Blueberry Cheesecake
- Preheat an oven to 350F and place 9 silicone muffin cups on a baking sheet or spray 9 slots in a 12-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the muffin ingredients together in a large bowl before folding in the blueberries. Set aside.
- Microwave the cream cheese for 60 seconds before stirring in the Greek yogurt and protein powder. Mix until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the muffin mixture to each of the baking cups, filling them about 1/3 full. IMPORTANT: Do your best to limit the amount of blueberries on the bottom layer to avoid a soggy bottom and have more blueberries on top after the muffins bake.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on top of the muffin layer.
- Spoon the remaining muffin mixture on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove to cool. The muffins are best when fully cooled and refrigerated for 30-60 minutes to allow the cream cheese filling to set.