- 12 ounces (¾ pound) lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices of Cheddar cheese, broken into smaller pieces
- 8 hamburger dill pickle chips
- Simple Living Products Air Fryer
- Combine the ground beef, minced onion, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Divide the meat into four equal portions.
- To make the stuffed burgers, flatten each portion of meat into a thin patty.
- Place 4 pickle chips and half of the cheese onto the center of two of the patties, leaving a rim around the edge of the patty exposed.
- Place the remaining two patties on top of the first and press the meat together firmly, sealing the edges tightly.
- With the burgers on a flat surface, press the sides of the burger with the palm of your hand to create a straight edge.
- This will help keep the stuffing inside the burger while it cooks.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 370ºF.
- Place the burgers inside air fryer basket and air-fry for 20 minutes, flipping the burgers over halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve the cheeseburgers on buns with lettuce and tomato.