Serves: 2 to 4
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, partially frozen and sliced very thin on the bias (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 14 ounces pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 1½ cup grated Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Cheese Whiz® (or other jarred cheese sauce), warmed gently in the microwave
- Simple Living Products Air Fryer
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400ºF.
- Toss the sliced onion with oil and air-fry for 8 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- Add the sliced chicken and Worcestershire sauce to the air fryer basket, and toss to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Season the mixture with salt and freshly ground black pepper and air-fry for 8 minutes, stirring a couple of times during the cooking process.
- Remove the chicken and onion from the air fryer and let the mixture cool a little.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll or press the pizza dough out into a 13″ x 11″ rectangle, with the long side closest to you.
- Sprinkle half of the Cheddar cheese over the dough leaving an empty 1-inch border from the edge farthest away from you.
- Top the cheese with the chicken and onion mixture, spreading it out evenly.
- Drizzle the cheese sauce over the meat and sprinkle the remaining Cheddar cheese on top.
- Start rolling the stromboli away from you and toward the empty border.
- Make sure the filling stays tightly tucked inside the roll. Finally, tuck the ends of the dough in and pinch the seam shut.
- Place the seam side down and shape the Stromboli into a U-shape to fit in the air fry basket.
- Cut 4 small slits with the tip of a sharp knife evenly in the top of the dough and lightly brush the stromboli with a little oil.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 370ºF.
- Spray or brush air fryer basket with oil and transfer the U-shaped stromboli to the air fryer basket.
- Air-fry for 12 minutes, turning the stromboli over halfway through the cooking time.
- To remove carefully flip stromboli over onto a cutting board. Let it rest for a couple of minutes before serving. Slice the stromboli into 3-inch pieces and serve with ketchup for dipping if desired.