- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- ½ cup cake flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes, plus 1 tablespoon melted
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- Butter, for serving (optional)
- Fruit preserves or honey, for serving (optional)
- Simple Living Products Air Fryer
- Sift the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt into a medium size bowl. Using your fingers or a pastry cutter, work the cold butter into the flour until the pieces of butter are pea-sized. Add the buttermilk and, with your hands or a rubber spatula, stir until the milk and flour come together to form a dough. Be careful not to over mix.
- Sprinkle some of the extra all-purpose flour on a work surface and place the dough on top of the flour. Use your hands to press the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick disk about 8-inches in diameter. Using a 1¾-inch round cutter dusted with flour, cut out 10 dough rounds. Be sure to press straight down when cutting the dough – a twisting motion will prevent the dough from rising. Arrange the biscuits in the Pie Pan, in one layer, and brush with the melted butter.
- Set the Air Fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and place the Pie Pan with the biscuit dough in the basket of the Air Fryer and close the drawer. Set the timer to 8 minutes, and cook the biscuits until they are golden brown.
- When done, remove from the Air Fryer and serve with butter and your favorite preserves or honey.